As 2019 is coming to a close, something my teammates and I did is we compiled a list of things we are thanking God for in this year of ministry. It’s really cool to look back on the year and celebrate what God has done in our team and community. Here are just a few of the things we’re celebrating:
- Having 5 full English classes that meet twice a week in the Life Skills Center
- Hosting two English trips to the Grand Canyon
- Together as a team, we’ve done 627 home visits and have spent about 1,254 hours this year in refugee homes
- 9 of our English students became U.S. citizens
- 5 refugee friends have bought houses
As a team, we are so thankful for the work God has done this past year. We are also continually humbled that we get to be a part of what He’s doing in bringing our refugee friends closer to Himself.