Mexico City is the largest city in Latin America, with approximately 21.2 million people in the entire metropolitan area. Accordingly, Mexico City is an important and strategic location for ministry outreach and church planting. For this reason, missionaries and national pastors are looking for a quality educational environment for their children. Goers will join a small international school, Instituto Metropolitano Estrella https://imemexico.weebly.com/, designed to serve the children of English-speaking missionaries and national pastor's who will be pursuing their college education in the States.
The greatest needs for the following year are teachers for grades K-8, although high school teachers are also welcome. Specifically, Goers who are able to teach math and science at both elementary and secondary levels are sought after. Both part-time and full-time teachers will be accepted, as long as the hours scheduled at IME are consistent. Goers will teach various subject areas in English and accompany students in their walks with Christ. They will also live with a Mexican family, work with a local Mexican church, take Spanish classes, and grow in language, culture and ministry skills.
- Elementary Education, Secondary or High School education background helpful, but not required
- Expertise in specific subject areas, specially science and math helpful
- Love for children of ministry workers
- Team player
- Willingness to teach various subject areas very helpful
- The ability to work well in cross-cultural teams
- Spanish is not required