Houston is the most ethnically diverse city in the U.S. and 30% of all people living in Houston were born overseas. Lower income immigrants among Muslims, Hindus, and Buddhists live in apartment complexes. Sections of southwest Houston are majority immigrants. Immigrants, especially women, struggle to adjust to life in America. As new arrivals to the United States, they need assistance in finding doctors, learning English, and ways to integrate with Americans. Creative approaches offer access into the lives of immigrants.
Veteran missionaries in Houston need your talents and skills to open doors for making relationships with Muslims, Hindus, and Buddhists in apartment complexes for the purpose of sharing the Gospel. Through aerobic classes for women, private swimming lessons for kids, teaching spoken English, and assisting our team Physician's Assistant, you will create relational avenues for our team to fulfill the Great Commission among Houston's least evangelized people groups. The Houston team is ready to market your skills!
- Aerobics trainer.
- Lead shy, out-of-shape immigrant women in aerobic classes in multiple apartment complexes where Global Gates missionaries are working.
- Wear conservative workout clothing.
- Classes should be fun, interactive, and relational.
- Swimming trainer for kids.
- Offer private swimming lessons exclusively to immigrant children using the apartment complex's swimming pool.
- Assistant Physician's Assistant - Travel with the Houston's PA to apartments and local clinics. Assist the PA as she medically treats immigrant families.
- Teach Spoken English - Both churches and government agencies throughout Houston offer ESL programs. Spoken English programs supplement ESL programs by offering immigrants extensive time in their apartment complex for practicing their English.
- Do you have another skill or certification? Most likely we can use your skill with immigrants.