Yaounde is a beautiful city carved out of jungle plateaus in central Cameroon. With warm temperatures and plenty of sunshine, its summer year-round in Yaounde! Home to 3 million people and growing, Yaounde is the busy political capital of Cameroon. The Cameroonians are friendly, open, and fun-loving with a great sense of humor, making Yaounde a wonderful place to live.
Yaounde is also a strategic center for ministry initiatives. Situated in the most stable and education-focused nation in the region, Yaounde is a great place to develop, empower, and release Cameroonians into ministry. Multiplying our impact is natural in this environment and we’re already seeing our influence spread as people we have trained are engaging others through their relationship with Jesus Christ.
A catalyst is a person or thing that precipitates change. Cameroon is a country filled with people who desire change. We long to see change in the spiritual climate (exciting things are already happening here), change in the economic and social structures, and change in its political systems. We believe that with intentional, concerted, and concentrated prayer we can bring those changes about. We’re eager for a prayer catalyst to mobilize Cameroonian churches in Biblical and strategic prayer. We’re praying for humble, passionate people to encourage prayer by modeling, empower praying people with training, and equip prayer leaders with resourcing.
• Cast vision and exhort engagement in personal, small group, and corporate prayer.
• Identify, learn from, and encourage local Cameroonian prayer leaders.
• Model and teach various prayer styles, techniques, and disciplines.
• Help plan, organize, and lead prayer events, including: special prayer rallies, community prayer walks, training workshops.
• Is discerning, equipped and experienced to engage in spiritual warfare when necessary.
• Patient yet confident cultivating relationships in diverse religious backgrounds.
• Comfort with mentoring one-on-one or in small groups.
• Commitment to acquire necessary language skills.
• Become active part of the Yaounde city ministry.