With Germany located in the center of Europe and the expanding European Union, the capital city of Berlin plays a strategic role in the Eurasian continent and even world. This vibrant German city is home to 3.5 million people from over 180 nations and boasts a rich history, lively creative arts and fashion scene, and unique blend of old world and contemporary culture from around the globe.
Berlin is home to a network of organizations and ministries seeking to mobilize the church and gather volunteers to meet the emerging social and spiritual needs of the city in innovative and creative ways. They are passionate and committed to seeing the gospel transform Berlin, but they are often under-resourced, under-staffed and in need of practical help to sustain ministry and implement new ministry ideas.
As an epicenter for arts, media and culture, Berlin offers the Church a unique opportunity to utilize creative outlets as a bridge for the gospel. Not only will your passion be a relational bridge as you connect and build relationships with other artists and creatives in Berlin, but you will also utilize your skills in photography to come alongside and offer ministries practical support by capturing their heart and impact in photos.
- Experience working as a photographer (preferably professionally)
- A degree in the areas of photography or visual arts
- Expertise in photographing people and events in real time
- Ability to work behind the scenes
- A heart to reach artists and creatives with the gospel
- A heart to see the arts used as a means to share the gospel
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in team settings as well as independently