With Germany located in the center of Europe and the expanding European Union, the capital city of Berlin plays a strategic role in the Eurasian continent and even world. This vibrant German city is home to 3.5 million people from over 180 nations and boasts a rich history, lively creative arts and fashion scene, strong academics and unique blend of old world and contemporary culture from around the globe.
Management Position: Berlin is home to a network of non-profit organizations and ministries seeking to mobilize the church and gather volunteers to meet the emerging social and spiritual needs of the city. They are passionate and committed to seeing the gospel transform Berlin, but they are often under-resourced, under-staffed and in need of practical help to sustain ministry and implement new ministry ideas. Utilize your skills in business to assist in the daily operations of ministry efforts and organizations. Goers will serve under-resourced organizations and ministries by coming alongside visionaries who have a heart for people but are in desperate need of organizational and management expertise. Goers will offer practical support in the areas of procedures, processes, project management, and implementation in order to further the ministry goals of some of Berlin's most visionary leaders.
Event Planning Position: Berlin is an epicenter for large-scale events, playing host to some of the most talented performers, artists, and speakers from around the world. As a reflection of the passions and personality of this vibrant city, the Christian community in Berlin seeks to utilize similar events as a means of engaging the people outside its walls, reaching out through the arts, music, dance, performance, etc. Many ministries and organizations, however, are in desperate need of volunteers with the practical skills to pull off such events. Utilize your skills in event planning to support the efforts of local ministries seeking to platform the gospel through various events, creating spaces for the Church and city to connect in a variety of creative venues. Goers will work behind the scenes, using their gifts of organization and planning to provide the logistical and practical support needed to give the gospel a stage in Berlin on which it can shine.
- A degree in the area of finance, business, management, or accounting
- Strong organizational skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in team situations as well as independently
- Ability to work with groups of people very different from you
- Strong interpersonal skills and high capacity for relationships in a business setting
- Experience working in secular environments and relating to others with diverse worldviews (preferred)
Event Planning Position:
- Experience working in event planning in a professional capacity
- Strong organizational and management skills in the areas of planning, communicating, scheduling, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with people of diverse backgrounds and viewpoints
- Ability to take initiative and follow through on projects and tasks
- A heart for utilizing creative avenues to reach the unchurched with the gospel