With Germany located in the center of Europe and the expanding European Union, the capital city of Berlin plays a strategic role in the Eurasian continent and even world. This vibrant German city is home to 3.5 million people from over 180 nations and boasts a rich history, lively creative arts and fashion scene, academic depth and unique blend of old world and contemporary culture from around the globe.
Reach out to at-risk youth, children of refugees, university students or fellow athletes through your love for sports, athletics or fitness. Use your passions and hobbies to have fun, build common ground with peers, model the Christian faith, and invest in the next generation.
- Heart for people (at-risk youth, peers, neighbors, unchurched, elite athletes)
- Desire to serve despite lack of recognition or quick results
- Ability to build intentional relationships in various contexts
- Ability to initiate relationships easily and pursue people in relationship
- Ability to engage in spiritual conversation naturally and explain the gospel in simple ways
- Personal enjoyment and interest in sports/fitness (required)
- Degree or certifications in youth, fitness, kinesiology, exercise classes or similar fields a plus
- Experience being on a sports team, participating in athletic environments or coaching experience a plus
- Previous experience discipling or mentoring a plus