With Germany located in the center of Europe and the expanding European Union, the capital city of Berlin plays a strategic role in the Eurasian continent and even world. This vibrant German city is home to 3.5 million people from over 180 nations and boasts a rich history, lively creative arts and fashion scene, and unique blend of old world and contemporary culture from around the globe.
Many organizations and churches within Berlin have critical needs in the area of IT, web design or development, and media related to technology. They are often under-resourced and under-staffed, but involved in significant ongoing ministry to express the gospel to those who have not heard. The lack of basic or advanced systems limits their ability to recruit or place volunteers, communicate within their organization or church, receive donations or engage in direct gospel ministry.
Goers will use their technical background and design skills to serve under-resourced non-profits and ministries by helping them create an online presence or improve their current IT systems. They will come alongside leaders and ministries in need of specific technological expertise to listen, identify needs, and help implement and maintain systems to further ministry goals.
- Experience providing IT support services for employees (preferred)
- Web design or development experience (paid or unpaid, preferred)
- Graphic design experience (paid or unpaid, preferred)
- Natural interest in the application of technology
- Finding creative solutions to everyday problems
- Ability to work in team situations as well as independently
- Ability to work with groups of people very different from you and serve them