Yaounde is a beautiful city carved out of jungle plateaus in central Cameroon. With warm temperatures and plenty of sunshine, it's summer year-round in Yaounde! Home to 3 million people and growing, Yaounde is the busy political capital of Cameroon. The Cameroonians are friendly, open, and fun-loving with a great sense of humor, making Yaounde a wonderful place to live.
Yaounde is also a strategic center for ministry initiatives. Situated in the most stable and education-focused nation in the region, Yaounde is a great place to develop, empower, and release Cameroonians into ministry. Multiplying our impact is natural in this environment and we’re already seeing our influence spread as people we have trained are engaging others through their relationship with Jesus Christ.
Use your technology skills in one or more of several exciting opportunities: use computer/IT classes as access ministry into Muslim communities; train and disciple young Christian entrepreneurs in IT business; or serve as IT manager at Rain Forest International School. The IT manager would work to ensure that the school’s access to and use of its information management resources are at the highest level of efficiency, security, and safety available.
Note: Rain Forest International School is located in a region of the world where an IT manager will be creatively stretched to accommodate environmental challenges (occasional power blackouts, excessive heat & humidity), minimal or internationally delayed access to spare parts and technical support.
• Flexibility to use your skills and gifts according to the needs and opportunities at the time of your arrival on location.
• Finds satisfaction in maintaining and managing the IT resources of Rain Forest International School.
• Ability to create, maintain, and troubleshoot local area network.
• Identify and resolve hardware and software issues.
• Apply hardware and software upgrades and patches with minimal user intrusion.
• Patiently coach users through technical support issues.
• Willingness to teach IT principles, hardware self-maintenance, and software best practices to user community when needed.
• Anticipate and accommodate environmental challenges.
• Flexible to adapt to changing facility needs and respond to emergency situations.
• Patient yet confident cultivating relationships in diverse religious backgrounds.
• Supervise team of indigenous employees, students, and volunteers.
• Ability to create, evaluate, revise procedures and team routines for better efficiency.
• Commitment to acquire necessary language skills.
• Become active part of both the Rain Forest International School community and the ReachGlobal Yaounde city ministry.