With Germany located in the center of Europe and the expanding European Union, the capital city of Berlin plays a strategic role in the Eurasian continent and even world. This vibrant German city is home to 3.5 million people from over 180 nations and boasts a rich history, lively creative arts and fashion scene, strong academics and unique blend of old world and contemporary culture from around the globe.
Berlin is one of the up-and-coming start-up hubs within Europe, with more and more entrepreneurs flocking to Berlin and highest level of start-ups per capita than any other German city. With increasing numbers of new businesses each years, the gospel is being lived out in the intersection between business and the church. Many cafes and local business initiatives serve as a crossroads between the sacred and the secular, focusing on creating common ground with clients, customers and creative types (artists, musicians, etc.).
Utilize your experience in the hospitality industry or passion for gastronomy to serve customers, guests and coworkers with excellence, build common ground, and assist in the operations of the venue. Goers will use their skills and experience in the areas of ordering, scheduling, customer experience, and cafe management to further the overall goals of this innovative ministry environment.
- Organizational skills in regards to planning, scheduling, etc.
- Experience working in secular environments and relating to others with diverse worldviews (preferred)
- A degree in hospitality management, gastronomy or similar fields a plus
- Strong personal and moral ethics, in addition to a strong theological understanding for relational ministry
- Strong interpersonal skills and high capacity for relationships in a business setting
- Ability to follow and implement service standards
- Comfortable ministering in business/social settings where alcoholic beverages generate profit
- Team player who is flexible but helps meet identified goals and targets