Yaounde is a beautiful city carved out of jungle plateaus in central Cameroon. With warm temperatures and plenty of sunshine, it's summer year-round in Yaounde! Home to 3 million people and growing, Yaounde is the busy political capital of Cameroon. The Cameroonians are friendly, open, and fun-loving with a great sense of humor, making Yaounde a wonderful place to live.
Yaounde is also a strategic center for ministry initiatives. Situated in the most stable and education-focused nation in the region, Yaounde is a great place to develop, empower, and release Cameroonians into ministry. Multiplying our impact is natural in this environment and we’re already seeing our influence spread as people we have trained are engaging others through their relationship with Jesus Christ.
How’s your English? If you’re reading this it must be pretty good! The people of Cameroon would love to learn and practice their English with you. This can take many forms from one-on-one tutoring, to small discussion groups, to actual classroom presentations. In addition, you will help coach our resident staff and visitors how to make the best use of their English in their various ministry situations. Our ultimate goal is to train our Cameroonian ministry partners to use ESL/ELL as an access ministry in which we show God’s love in practical ways.
• Ability to design and facilitate English language learning programs (training available)
• Identify and creatively assist in providing appropriate English learning resources.
• ESL certification would be helpful.
• Patient yet confident cultivating relationships in diverse religious backgrounds.
• Comfort with mentoring one-on-one or in small groups.
• Commitment to acquire necessary language skills.
• Become active part of the Yaounde city ministry.