Uganda, also known as the Pearl of Africa, is a place on the equator where you will find the beginning of the Nile River, Lake Victoria, and a temperate climate, but also vulnerable teenage girls who have dropped out of elementary school. Poverty, poor education, a broken infrastructure coupled with an enormous lack of opportunity have left many Ugandan children without an education and without hope for a future.
The New Life Ministry Center has recently been constructed in the heart of this impoverished region. At New Life, we are currently giving teen girls a second chance at life through education, skills training, and sharing the hope of Christ with them. Now, our vision is to give kids a good start at life through New Beginnings Preschool!
We’re looking for someone to come help us get our Christ-centered village preschool started. This person would work in the classroom, help develop contextualized curriculum, obtain teaching resources, and work closely with Ugandan teachers to encourage and coach them in areas they are weak. We are breaking ground on building more classrooms to make room for this new and ever so needed ministry right now.
If you have dreamed of becoming a Goer and the possibility of serving God in this way excites you, plus you are energetic, self-motivated, and you love children; then please apply! The children in Uganda need you! If this is you, then you would be living in a rural location with other ministry workers on the housing compound adjacent to the New Life Ministry Center. New Goers can also expect to be mentored and guided as they enter into full time ministry by the other workers on the team. Come and join this growing ministry and see what God is up to in Uganda!
Missionaries serving in this pioneering ministry need to:
• Be a mature believer and follower of Jesus Christ
• Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Child Development or Early Education
• Be able to “feed” yourself spiritually and exhibit the Fruit of the Spirit
• Have a love for the lost, the church, and for their fellow brothers and sisters in Christ
• Be able to work well with others
• Be teachable
• Be flexible
• Be able to live in a rural area and work cross-culturally with people from the villages
• Have experience working in ministry (volunteering at church, leading Bible studies, etc.)
• Have a strong Biblical background (Been in the church and Bible studies for many years or have Biblical training, degree not required)
• Hold the ministry philosophy that we are to come alongside and teach and equip local nationals so that they may continue the work to their own people without us