Yaounde is a beautiful city carved out of jungle plateaus in central Cameroon. With warm temperatures and plenty of sunshine, it's summer year-round in Yaounde! Home to 3 million people and growing, Yaounde is the busy political capital of Cameroon. The Cameroonians are friendly, open, and fun-loving with a great sense of humor, making Yaounde a wonderful place to live.
Yaounde is also a strategic center for ministry initiatives. Situated in the most stable and education-focused nation in the region, Yaounde is a great place to develop, empower, and release Cameroonians into ministry. Multiplying our impact is natural in this environment and we’re already seeing our influence spread as people we have trained are engaging others through their relationship with Jesus Christ.
The recruitment, transportation, and exploitation of modern slavery is subtly apparent in Africa today. It takes many forms; from forced labor, to domestic servitude, to child bondage and labor, to compulsory marriage, to sex trafficking. Goers in this role will help identify, expose, and respond to these involuntary bondage systems.
• Readily apparent compassion to minister to those trapped in compulsory servitude.
• Tenacity and tact to confront passivity and toleration of trafficking conditions.
• Identify and assist in providing recovery resources.
• Ability to determine and connect with existing local anti-trafficking organizations and churches.
• Experience in counseling, social work, addiction/recovery, and spiritual warfare would be extremely relevant and worthwhile.
• Patient yet confident cultivating relationships in diverse religious backgrounds.
• Comfort with mentoring one-on-one or in small groups.
• Commitment to acquire necessary language skills.
• Become active part of the Yaounde city ministry.