Job Title Mission and Vocation Coach
Position Location Flexible
Time Commitment Part Time of Full time
Reports to Director of Coaching
GoCorps helps Christians take the bold and meaningful step of global service after college. Goers invest two years connecting their faith and their degree while making a real difference among those who need it most. GoCorps is a liaison between ministries, churches, Christian colleges, students and recent grads and overseas opportunities through a partnership of multiple Christian mission non-profits globally.
GoCorps was founded in 2009 with the dream of making it the norm for Christians to invest the first two years of their career in global service. We do this in two ways.
- We partner with leading mission organizations in overcoming barriers that keep young adults from serving overseas.
- We work with collegiate and church leaders to connect global minded Christian young adults to two year overseas positions fighting front line injustices.
Coach interested twenty-somethings through the process of exploration, application, assessment and sending.
- Phone calls, emails, texting messaging, and Skype meetings with globally-minded seniors to share vision, answer questions, counsel re: track and location preferences and assessing readiness.
- Interview applicants and connect them to a team that best fits their passions, skills, experiences, and desires for global service.
- Provide one-on-one coaching through the application steps to encourage seniors as they discern if serving globally with GoCorps is the right choice for their next step.
- Mentor underclassmen as they prepare to go in the future.
- Contribute to various special projects and campaigns to build the culture of mid-term missions and remove common barriers students face.
- Ongoing emails and calls with various ministry partners and colleagues in a virtual work environment.
- Regularly report progress of current applicants to sending organizations and coaching director to ensure a streamlined application process.
- Lead a small cohort of Goers as they prepare and train to launch to the field.
- Attend GoCorps events including:
- GoCorps Orientation Weeks (GoWeek)
- GoCorps Partner Summit
- Participate in:
- Weekly phone call with supervisor
- Weekly conference call with GoCorps staff and regional reps
- Weekly staff prayer
Background and skill-sets:
- Self motivated and able to work independently
- Team player
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Good people and networking skills
- Ability to cast vision in one on one settings
- Mentoring experience
- Prior cross cultural experience very beneficial
- Willingness to travel
Annual Salary: $33,000 - $50,000
This is a support raised position
To request information about our staff onboarding process, click here.