Job Title: Director of Coaching
Position Location: Flexible
Time Commitment: Full Time
Reports to: Director of Goer Experience
Job Description: Oversee the coaching process, from initial interest to acceptance, and lead the team of Mission and Vocation Coaches.
- Supervise individual staff in their role as coaches through consistent communication and mentoring.
- Make decisions about the direction and nature of communication with potential applicants and underclassmen.
- Create, delegate, and manage various special projects and campaigns to increase the effectiveness of the coaching process.
- Coach a portion of candidates (via phone calls, emails, texting messaging, and Skype meetings with globally-minded seniors to share vision, answer questions, counsel re: track and location preferences and assessing readiness).
- Oversee the interview and team selection process.
- Provide one-on-one coaching through the application steps to encourage seniors as they discern if serving globally with GoCorps is the right choice for their next step.
- Regularly report status of the coaching process to supervisor.
- Ongoing emails and calls with various ministry partners and colleagues in a virtual work environment.
- Lead a small cohort of Goers as they prepare and train to launch to the field.
- Raise funds for the ministry of GoCorps, primarily through the raising of personal support for salary and ministry expenses. Grow and maintain relationships with donors through regular, ongoing communication and visits.
Attend GoCorps events including:
- GoCorps Orientation Weeks (GoWeek)
- GoCorps Partner Summit
- Weekly phone call with supervisor
- Weekly conference call with GoCorps staff and regional reps
- Weekly staff prayer
Background and required skill-sets:
- Self motivated and able to work independently
- Team player
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Project management skills
- Good people and networking skills
- Ability to cast vision in one-on-one settings
- Mentoring experience
- Prior cross cultural experience very beneficial
- Willingness to travel
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience. Note: All full-time staff positions are funded through deputized fundraising by GoCorps staff. We've got your back! GoCorps provides all training, coaching and materials to set you up for success. For most staff, it's about a 6 month process to reach full-funding.
To request information about our staff onboarding process, click here.