Job Title Development Coordinator
Position Location Minneapolis, MN
Time Commitment Full time
Reports to Executive Director
GoCorps helps Christians take the bold and meaningful step of global service after college. Goers invest two years connecting their faith and their degree while making a real difference among those who need it most. GoCorps is a liaison between ministries, churches, Christian colleges, students and recent grads and overseas opportunities through a partnership of multiple Christian mission non-profits globally.
GoCorps was founded in 2009 with the dream of making it the norm for Christians to invest the first two years of their career in global service. We do this in two ways.
- We partner with leading mission organizations in overcoming barriers that keep young adults from serving overseas.
- We work with collegiate and church leaders to connect global minded Christian young adults to two year overseas positions fighting front line injustices.
In partnership with the Executive Director, you will oversee our current fundraising events as well as spearhead new development efforts as GoCorps continues to grow. A new position in the organization, this position will have the opportunity to grow and expand the fundraising program. Availability to travel is a must.
Reports to: Executive Director (ED)
- Implement annual fundraising plan with emphasis on new donor acquisition.
- Develop and steward a portfolio of major donors and prospects – 10-30
- Lead at least 4 fundraising events annually (2 vision dinners and other events such as vision gatherings, dessert nights or networking visits by ED)
- Assist in donor care activities toward the goal of 85 percent retention.
- Implement and lead Goer ‘adoption’ or ‘sponsorship’ program corresponding with our giving levels
- Work with board members, other GoCorps staff, Goers, and volunteers to achieve successful fundraising.
- Maximize Sales Force capabilities.
- Assist with special events as needed.
- Committed follower of Jesus Christ.
- A heart for missions and college students. Oversees mission experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Fundraising experience, preferably with a faith-based nonprofit.
- Desire to grow in soliciting and securing major gifts (desired)
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational and communication skills.
- Familiarity with SalesForce.
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Salary: $40,000 - $45,000
This is a centrally funded position
To request information about our staff onboarding process, click here